Monday, November 1, 2010

Off Like a Herd of Turtles

As excited as I am about NaNoWriMo, I am not one of those people who stayed up until midnight last night just to start writing the second November began. It sounded fun, but I'm not much of a night person these days. . .with a six-month old baby to take care of, I value my sleep much more than I used to!

Anyway, I hauled myself out of bed at 5:30 this morning for a 3.5 mile run. I figured if I got up and ran, I would be awake and motivated to get writing! I started churning out chapter one pretty much as soon as I got back from my run. Gemma is taking her first nap of the day, snoring away in her swing (a nice soundtrack for my writing) as I got started on this year's NaNo novel!

It is now 7:30 am and I have already written almost 1300 words! I am off to a good start. I know that by mid-month I will be burnt out and seriously starting to drag, so I'm hoping to get some more good writing in today while everything is fresh and new and I've still got the energy for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment