Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Noveling & Teething Don't Mix

I got off to a really good start yesterday on my NaNo novel. Today was a little harder. First thing in the morning is usually my best writing time. This morning, I had to use that time to go vote. Things seemed to go downhill from there. I'm pretty sure my sweet little girl is working on her first tooth. In general, she is pretty much the most laid-back baby you will ever meet, but today she was fussy and just chomping away on everything that came near her face (including her own feet). Apparently this wore her out though, because she could hardly stay awake this afternoon and has now been napping for a solid hour already, freeing up some noveling time for me!

I've managed to reach 3,873 words today (according to my word counter in Office) and that will probably it for me for today. . .the hubby will be home from work soon and is not feeling too well himself. Between a sick husband and a teething baby, this evening should be tons of fun!

When I didn't have a chance to write today though, I did get some "research" done for my novel. When I say "research," what I really mean is that I watched the first hour of Pride and Prejudice (the good version, with Colin Firth). It was totally legit research - I needed to brush up on the plot and characters since I'm basing my novel on them (loosely). I feel that I will need to do more research tomorrow for sure. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment