Friday, October 29, 2010

NaNoWriMo Fast Approacheth!

For all of my HUGE (lol) fanbase out there, I've decided to create a blog dedicated to my writing so that you can keep up with my current projects. Only a few more days remain until this year's NaNoWriMo kicks off, and this year will have its own set of challenges. I am not sure how it will work this year, since my writing will have to be squeezed in here and there around taking care of Gemma. But since I managed to churn out Norfanger Plantation last November while finishing up my last (and most intense) semester of graduate school, I'm pretty sure I'll manage.

I've been working on an outline over the past week, and it's gone surprisingly well. Truth be told though, I could have accomplished a lot more on my outline but I keep procrastinating by reading lots of books. I am actually reading 4 different books at the moment: I started reading Wicked on my Kindle (never read it before, surprisingly), then got Ken Follett's new book Fall of Giants from the library and started reading it instead. Then I got a YA sci-fi novel, Enchantress from the Stars, in the mail and started reading it as well. Then I got a book called Cold Magic from the library and I'm pretty much engrossed in it now and putting off everything else. Ah well. I still have plenty of time to gear up for NaNoWriMo. I think. I hope.

Anyway, since last year's plot idea went so well, I've decided to write a *sort of* sequel this year. This year's novel is called Lunatics and Lycanthropy, and will be based loosely on the plot of Pride and Prejudice, and featuring. . .you guessed it. . .werewolves. But will there be werewolves for real this time, or not? It's too early to tell, even for me.

That is the plan. Hopefully I can snatch a few minutes here and there to post some updates to anyone who cares. Maybe I will post the first chapter at some point in November just to keep everyone (all 1 or 2 of you who might actually read this) interested! And if you want, you can follow my NaNoWriMo stats here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/137426

No comments:

Post a Comment